0-60Kmph in 7-8 second, Max speed 80Kmph (MODIFICATION OF HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON))

0-60Kmph in 7-8 second, Max speed 80Kmph (MODIFICATION OF HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON))

SONENDRA SINGH
Myself, SONENDRA SINGH from Lucknow, an Electronics & Communication post-graduate, currently working as a consumer electronics product developer (R&D Engg, IOT-LED division) in a LED manufacturing company.
I have modified my ELECTRIC TWO WHEELER (scooty), want to share my experience. If it would help any EV enthusiastic person, that will be a pleasure for me.

After a careful 10 months time duration observations of electrical system, installed in HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON. I have replaced motor, controller and battery. Now, my modified electric scooty has following features-
1. Maximum speed - increased, can go up to  80Kmph, earlier it was 50Kmph.
2. Pick up (acceleration) - Amazingly high. 0-60 Kmph in 7-8 seconds. Now it can easily beat any 100CC IC engine based bike on city road.
3. Regenerative braking - Work well in low speed (5-30Kmph). As Regeneration current has been set to the 20% of maximum regenerative current.
4. Reverse (Back gear) - It can move in reverse direction.
5. Mileage - Improved, from 35-40Km to around 60 km on a single charge with 75-80% DOD.
6. Rear wheel disk brake: Earlier only front wheel has disk brake, now both wheel.

No outside visible changes in scooty, except rear wheel disk brake.

Table-Improved Performance of Modified ELECTRIC SCOOTY

side view after modification

rear wheel disk brake

rear wheel disk brake - Installation

Video: Reverse (Back gear) feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSPKxyJbCNA

Video: 0-60 Kmph in 7-8 seconds, max speed 80Kmph
I am trying, but still video is not embedded. Please visit my youtube channel, video are uploaded there

I have much more details, but above is the overview of my work.

THANKS

Re: 0-60Kmph in 7-8 second, Max speed 80Kmph (MODIFICATION OF HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON))

SONENDRA SINGH
Video: 0-60 Kmph in 7-8 seconds, max speed 80Kmph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JzBdpg5yk8

Re: 0-60Kmph in 7-8 second, Max speed 80Kmph (MODIFICATION OF HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON))

PluginIndia
Administrator
Superb work Sonendra!

We will publish this for a broader audience!
Thanks,
PluginIndia