Ask Tork Motors your questions!

12

Ask Tork Motors your questions!

kamyFC
Administrator
Here is the PluginIndia interview of Mr Kapil Shelke - Founder of Tork Motors.

Kapil and the nice people at Tork Motors invite the community to ask any questions regarding Tork , T6X motorcycle, e-MotorCycles.

Please ask all your tough questions! :)

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

kamyFC
Administrator
Here goes some 'tough' ones!

Hey Tork Motors,
   First of all - Thanks for opening up and participating with the community!

I did discuss with you that Tork Motors plan to install community charge points in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru.

*** Would these points have Tork Motors specific EVSE's?
*** Can any e-bike or e-car which uses a 15 Amp plug, use these Tork Motor's EVSE?
*** Is the Tork EVSE built using any standard protocol like the SAE J1772 protocol?
*** If every e-bike company wants to deploy their own EVSE's in a single charge point location, dont u think it would result in confusion.  Do you guys think, all companies can use a single EVSE?

More later!

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi KamyFC,

It is our pleasure to be associated with your community.

Please find our answers below:

1) These charging stations will be accessible for all the EVs.

2) Yes.

3) We want to collect data and feedback from the community regarding this as we grow and then take a call on this.

4) Yes, we absolutely believe that all the vehicles can use common charging infrastructure and we are open to working with other players on this.We firmly believe in building the eco-system for electric vehicles in India and engaging with the Plug-in India community is our first step towards this initiative.

Keep 'em  questions coming   :)
LS

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

LS
as you have stated your bike will be launched in select  4 cities.... but will you consider selling to EV enthusiasts living in other cities which don't have charging infrastructure .... like i live in cuttack and want to have a "Real" electric vehicle... this will generate curiosity among the unaware population. here my area of travel is small enough that i would not need any charging station at present.
At night i dream About EV... Literally :(

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Rakesh
Does this vehicle need driving license to ride??

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Karthik
Hi Tork,

Greetings from Chennai. When are you launching the bike (1st phase). As i understand you won't be launching it in Chennai in the 1st phase.

-> When will it be launched in other areas first and when will the Chennai launch be?

-> Also any plans for production of cells (Not packs but individual cells) in house? Now or in the future?

-> When can one expect a long range affordable vehicle in India? Say a petrol bike like the FZ-16 averages around 30-45 kmpl one can go somewhere from 350-500 kms on a full tank. So when can we expect similarly priced electric bike with similar performance and range at the price point? I understand that its not necessary for daily driving. I would just like to know the realistic expectations and your opinions in this matter.

-> If and when can we expect 5-10 minute fast charges on bikes in India which will top up to 80% in say 10 mins. 5 mins would be nice. Even 7 mins would be a good compromise since thats the fastest fill up time one can realistically expect at a petrol bunk. IMHO. :) This would be really handy in long distance driving. A 500 kms (80% SOC) of real world range and even a 15-20 minute charge after that would be nice and then another 500. :) One needs to take bio breaks and stretch their legs anyways.

To summarize that. 300 kms (80% SOC) 10 minute charge time
                      or  500 kms (80% SOC) 20 minute charge time. (average real world conditions in both cases)

When will this become a reality in India in your opinion?

-> When can one expect long lasting battery packs in Bikes. 10 year life span (Like the Tesla)? what is the prohibitive reason for this at the moment? How and when will we overcome this?

Thanks :)

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Karthik
Hi guys,

Firstly, congratulations on all the good work.

My questions:
1. As engine braking is no longer possible, wat safety measures are you incorporating e.g. ABS etc?
2. What about service and repairs?

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Ashish
Hello tork motors,
I have a few questions
*How many years does the battery last on the motorcycle
*Is the battery replaceable at the end of its life cycle
*Is there going to be any reserve charge of few kms just like in mahindra e2o.
*Does the bike have energy regeneration system so that it can store some charge while braking or coasting.

I'm not too worried about charging points and range as 100 km is more than sufficient for city use.I am sure that your product will certainly inspire other manufacturers to come up with electric vehicles which are very apt for city conditions.i should really congratulate u for taking the initiative .

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Jismal Jamal
Greeting from kerala team tork

u guyz r awsome

i have some doubts regarding t6x

Does it have a regenerative braking

if it has is it good as engine braking

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Kishen
I think electric motors also produce braking when not powered so it will slow ur vehicle a little..it would be nice if this bike can recharge the batteries by using the regenerative braking though.

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Sudeepta
Hey Tork! It's fascinating to see such an effort from your side. I am extremely interested in motorcycles and I am quite dope with the idea of battery electric motorcycles.

What is your take in building an electric motorcycle for the premium segment of Indian markets (say in the price range of 2.5-3.5 lakhs), which will cater the hardcore motorcycle enthusiasts and biking brotherhoods? Are you planning to build such a product in future?
How fast do you think electric vehicles will create an enough market penetration in India to create enough adopters and certainly build an better image for EVs?

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Rahil
I am very excited about the product. Had this concept in my mind and wanted to work on it. I feel the bike should be able to set benchmark in India as set by Tesla in US.
I dream that the bike will some time have a lcd display on the dash area with all digital readings and multimedia options and gps with navigation as a standard options with nearest location of available charging points. Also crash sensors can be added to detect accident and system will send out a sos message to the pre assigned number. Bike can be connected to our mobile phone and all relevant information can be accessed on our phone.
One thing that can be implemented is safety. I think you can add a helmet feature which does not let you start the bike unless you have worn the helmet. Working principle can be sensors on helmet will act as key to the bike. When you wear it the ignition will be on.

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

kamyFC
Administrator
Rahil wrote
One thing that can be implemented is safety. I think you can add a helmet feature which does not let you start the bike unless you have worn the helmet. Working principle can be sensors on helmet will act as key to the bike. When you wear it the ignition will be on.
Amazing idea!

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

Joe Sebastian Paracka
Hello,

#.Will the charger cut off the current when the battery charge is full? or does it simply show green light?
#. Can we change the sound tone of the indicator through Tork mobile app?
#. Does it have tubeless tyres?
#. How many colours are there for this  bike?
#. Can we unlock the 95km/hr speed when we are racing? what is the max speed after unlocking? does it have two modes "Eco & Racing"? Kindly dont lock the speed, i dont ride at a speed of 150km/hr everyday to work. Pls Stop putting limitation  to the electric bikes even if its capable.
#. What is the cost of battery replacement?
#. Is T6X is final name of the bike or something not easily forgettable?
#. Will you ever launch a hybrid?
#. When will you answer our questions, as there seems to be many pending?

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

PluginIndia
Administrator
Joe Sebastian Paracka wrote
#. When will you answer our questions, as there seems to be many pending?

Lets give them some time considering a long weekend.
Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi LS,

We will plan our launch in phases and also ensure that there are some charging points in every city where we are present. We might reach Cuttack sooner than expected. Please keep an eye on our announcements.

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi Karthik,

Please find our answers below;

1) We will be launching in Chennai after phase 1,

2) We are working on a few details, will make an announcement once we have all the relevant data on scale etc.

3) Really Soon :).. The prices of batteries are dropping fast, this will happen soon. Until we reach the 500 Km mark, you have the T6X that does 100 km.

4) It will be a while before this happens. Although the tech exists for quick charging, it is not very cost effective.

5) 10 years worth of life, it will be a couple of years before that happens.

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi Joe,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your queries. Please find the answers below:

1) The charger is a smart charger, it has a lot of other capabilities as well.

2) We will soon make an announcement regarding the specific tech and non-tech features of the motorcycle.

3) The current top speed of the motorcycle is 85 Kmph,

4) T6X is the final name of the motorcycle.

5) Not anytime soon.

Stay tuned for our next announcement !

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi Karthik,

1) The T6X will be ABS ready.

2) We have an interesting service and repair model in place.We shall unveil the details soon.

Re: Ask Tork Motors your questions!

tork_motors
Hi Rakesh,

The answer to your question is Yes. A valid license would be required to ride the motorcycle.
12