Batteries for e vehicles

Rajan
I think every one knows that the Batteries are the heart of the EV. Unfortunately though we have a no. of manufacturers of E vehicles, no reliable battery manufacturer has come forward to set up manufacturing and offer reliable batteries off the shelf. We are forced to depend on dubious manufacturers from China or Delhi/Gujarat who offer only warranty of 6 months. It would be great if reputed manufacturers like Exide, Amaron etc come up with batteries for E vehicles, especially two wheelers

Re: Batteries for e vehicles

PluginIndia
Administrator
These companies wont develop EV batteries as the volumes are less.
Especially lead acid batteries.

There is a company working on creating Lithium-Ion batteries in India.
But their focus is also on other applications and EVs will always be a side business.
Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Batteries for e vehicles

sameer
which companies are in business of making lithium battery for electric vehicles

Re: Batteries for e vehicles

kirangilani
Types of Batteries Used for Electric Vehicles

Lead Acid Batteries
Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries
Lithium Ion Batteries

Re: Batteries for e vehicles

EV only
There is no chance to get cell production to India. Even the well known German supplier Bosch stopped is production bcs Chinese and Korean production is unbeatable.
Okay, the North Americans build up a Gigafactory which will produce more cells then the actual world production. BUT they're doing this in cooperation with Panasonic!

Samsung, LG, Panasonic... They are the leader
EV only since 2016 on a Kia soul EV ('17 model)