Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

PluginIndia
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi.. have a question on E2O+
Well I am new driver for EV and still learning. Just wanted to know what's average distance it covers with single full charge with 60% city traffic with 50% AC and 3 passengers..

Mahesh - New e2o User
Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

PluginIndia
Administrator
PluginIndia wrote
Hi.. have a question on E2O+
Well I am new driver for EV and still learning. Just wanted to know what's average distance it covers with single full charge with 60% city traffic with 50% AC and 3 passengers..
 Mahesh with a single passenger and blower on 1 AC on 2 and driving typically with 1 to 2 bar efficiency i usually get more than the rated 1.2km per percent SoC ( on e20) 1.3km to 1.4km per percent SoC is common.
Β In summer now I have to increase the blower to 2 AC to 3 to 4 and then it reduces to 1.2 km per percent SoC
Β Note that I use boost very sparingly.. and drive efficiently.. e.g if I am approaching a red light I know will take some time to change I just coast on regeneration slowing down gradually rather than keeping a higher speed and using the brakes at the end.

So to answer your question.. with AC at 50% of full if you drive efficiently, looking at regeneration opportunities I think you should still be able to get the rated 1.2km per percent SoC plus minus 5%. From 1 to 3 passengers does make a slight difference.  But note that you will spend slightly more energy on accelerating but will also gain more energy back in regeneration for this additional weight.. AC will consume bit more also for 3 pax
Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

PluginIndia
Administrator
How do i drive the e2o more efficiently?

Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

PluginIndia
Administrator
PluginIndia wrote
How do i drive the e2o more efficiently?

Efficient Driving
1. The most important factor for getting the maximum range out of your e2o battery is to keep a very close watch on the efficiency indicator on the odometer display screen. πŸš—πŸ’¨
    1. To ensure best 'mileage' and yet maintain a tolerable driving speed of 45-55 kmph, one must always drive at 2 bars.
    2. It is relatively easy to drive at 2 bars at that speed but will need a lot of patience while accelerating at 2 bars. The normal tendency is to accelerate quickly by stomping of the accelerator pedal and on achieving 45-50 kmph, ease off to drive at 2 bars. This should be avoided if you want to get better efficiency.
    3. Any driving above 2 bars will not give you the company promised range at all.
2. Driving barefoot / in socks / with lightweight footwear helps as many times the accelerator does not get inadvertently pressed due to heavier shoes. The idea is to literally caress the accelerator. πŸ’›
3. Maintain optimum pressure of 32 psi in tires. πŸš™
4. It has been stated that alloy wheels also help with efficiency. I don’t have alloy wheels so cannot say. However, alloys for the e2o can be procured from local vendors. πŸš•
5. As far as possible, especially while coming down slopes, take your foot off of the accelerator and let the battery recharge using the magic of regenerative braking. β™»
6. During hot summers, try and park car in the shade. This ensures that battery cooling load is minimized and hence pressure on battery is also lessened. β›…
7. Factors which affect battery range drastically: πŸ”‹
    1. Passenger weight
    2. AC
    3. Sudden acceleration
    4. Driving at higher than 2 bars
    5. Boost mode
    6. Wipers
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΌ
Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Mahindra e2o - FAQ and Common Questions Answered

PluginIndia
Administrator
PluginIndia wrote
  Can i charge the e2o's batteries using only solar power by adding sunroof on the car?

Here are the problems with this Idea.

Most solar panels would add too much weight to an EV to be worthwhile. Some newer, lighter, flexible PV technology could generate power for interior climate control or minor tasks, but not enough to power a car a significant distance. So you gotta have that plug.

And 95% of the time in a week, the car resides in basement lots. And there is no sunshine there. So there is no benefit

Also it is recommended to park a lithium-ion based Electric car in the shade rather than in the sun. The Indian summers can be oppressive to the Lithium Ion battery pack. So its not recommended to park in the sunlight. Bad idea.

Ok. One can argue that the car can charge during movement. But the voltage that gets generated will be very minimal.

Also this would only add to the cost of an already expensive car.

So your best bet is to have a solar power system at home or work and charge ur electric car using solar power.
Thanks,
PluginIndia