Pune to Goa in E2O

Vinay
Hi,

I am planing to travel to Ponda(Goa) from Pune. It's 443 KMs in total.

My route will be Pune-Satara-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Khanapur-Anmod-Ponda.

Pune to Ponda, Goa

I am planning to leave on 3rd or 4th January 2017.

I have figured out Mahindra dealers and other charging points on the way.

They are as follows -
1. Hotel Daulat - After Khambataki ghat
2. Indian Oil Fuel station - Opposite Hotel Daulat - After Khambataki Ghat
3. Sahyadri Motors, Satara.(Dealer)
4. Sahyadri Motors, Karad.(Dealer)
5. Trendy Wheels, Kolhapur.(Dealer)

I am still figuring out dealer at Belgaum and one charging point at Khanapur. I need your help in finding points in belgaum and khanapur. Also help required for my stay in kolhapur.

Thanks in advance.

Vinay Garge
vgarge@gmail.com
8805151909

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

PluginIndia
Administrator
Congrats Vivek!

Am sure your Red e2o would do well during the journey.
We shall try to promote your journey and help you out!

Thanks,
PluginIndia

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

Raphae Halim
Administrator
We had visited a very nice couple that runs an eco-resort in Khanapur. They have good contacts in that area and even if you are not staying with them you could come to some arrangement about charging your EV.

Warm Regards! - Raphae

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

Vinay
Here is the journey to Goa from Pune in E2O.

Day - 1

I left Pune at 6.05 am with 100 % SOC.

Khambataki ghat was closed due to traffic jam, so police diverted vehicles to Khambataki tunnels.
When Satara was 40 Km, 40% SOC was remaining. I decided to top-up at Mapro Garden, wai.

I reached at Mapro Garden at 8.25 am with 36% SOC left. The points at charging were not working. Electrician came at 9 am and does the needful. But, there was some problem with connection or my charger. After 5-10 seconds charger was showing fault instead of "OK". E2O was not charging. The connection was tripping.

In between, I had my breakfast.

I decided to go to Satara and check charger at Mahindra Service center. I drove very efficiently to avoid revive or towing of a vehicle.

SO, started from Mapro Garden at 10.45 am with 40% SOC and 46 KM DTE remaining.

I reached to Sahyadri Motors, Satara at 12.10 am with 11% SOC.

People from Sahyadri Motors were ready to help me out, as I had already contacted them.

As soon as I plugged in e2o starts sucking amps. No issue with charger. It was a huge relief.

So, Small wonder (My e2o's name. What's your's) traveled 119.2 KMs with 11% remaining. Isn't it wonderful?

I had my lunch at nearby restaurant.

As soon as e2o charged up to 100%, I moved out.

Thanked Sahyadri people. I started at 4.31pm and reached

kolhapur to one of our green enthusiast Onkar Daddi, Tarabai Park. I traveled 124 km with 23% of SOC left. This is mainly because the road has a slight downhill. I drove efficiently with 2-3 bars.

I reached Onkar's home. He was ready with snacks and Tea. After that, we tried to charge e2o at his home. Since I have a long extension cable, it was possible very easily. E2O started charging and I want to keep it for 10 hours to balance the cells.

With Onkar Daddi (Engineering Unlimited) | e2o is charging.

After dinner, Onkar and I went to stroll near Vivekanad College as I studied there earlier. Then we visited his office in Shahupuri. He showed me how he converts bicycle to e-bicycle. His explains me his approach and vision towards green environment. It was a very good experience to see such a green energy in him.

Day 2

I started early 6 am from Kolhapur. Road to Belgaum was slight uphill, so I got stressed a little bit about - Will I make it to Belgaum? Kolhapur to Belgaum is 119 KMs. After 30K+ my car shows DTE 117 KMs.

I know, we can use Revive option to get a range of 7 more KMs. But, I want to avoid it.

While reaching Belgaum I get two downhills and a flat road for few KMs, which helped me to reach Belgaum at 9.30 am.

The service center starts at 10 am. So, I have to wait for some time. As soon as center is opened, we figured out charging point and e2o was charging.

Most of the technicians haven't seen an e2o before, so they gathered to look at it. I was like an expert salesman of e2o and answering their queries.

Charging at Belgaum

I have a stroll, lunch and a nap too. E2O was fully charged, so I head towards khanapur quickly.

I was worried about anmod ghat next to khanapur. How much the energy it will consume? Should I top up at Khanapur? My yesterday's experience gives me confidence that I can go in one charge from Belgaum to ponda.

This road was a quite lonely, passes through Bhimagad Sanctuary.

Magic Moment -

After reaching to Anmod village, there is a downhill.

My SOC before downhill is - 58 %

Before Ghat reading

Total ghat distance covered is 14.5

After ghat (downhill) my SOC is - 63 %

After Ghat reading | Magic - SOC is increased !

So, after traveling 14.5 KMs E2O gained SOC by 5%. So, regeneration was about 20 KMs.

Belgaum to Ponda I traveled 106.5 KMs with 38 % SOC left.

That's it, I reached.

Have I done any adventure? No. The trip route was planned before. All charging locations are identified. 3 from 2 were Mahindra dealers. According to me, Wiebe does the actual adventure trips. (Google him to know more.)

There is no hassle doing long trips with e2o, but it has time constraint. You have to wait long hours for it's charging. May this solve in coming years after quick charging stations and e2o plus.

Learnings from this trip -
1. You should be disciplined while driving an EV. When EV takes break, you too should take a break, so that time will be saved.
2. For longer trip you can carry - tester, an iron rod, a cable for earthing if not available. Though it is not required for me.
3. Good to have an extension board.
4. I would suggest industrial to 3 pin converter which can be used on board like this -

Industrial to 3 pin converter

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

kamyFC
Administrator
Loved your journey Vinay!
Thanks for documenting this!

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

zarryl lobo
fantastic trip and beautiful narration

Re: Pune to Goa in E2O

Vinay
Thank you kamy and zarryl.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 2:53 PM zarryl lobo [via PluginIndia Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
fantastic trip and beautiful narration

http://pluginindia-forums.88038.x6.nabble.com/Pune-to-Goa-in-E2O-tp327p600.html
To unsubscribe from Pune to Goa in E2O, click here.
NAML